Still time to apply!
GESAC is looking for a full-time Communication and Public Affairs Adviser for its Brussels-based General Secretariat.
Read the full job description below.
- Run and develop GESAC communication activities both at internal and external level;
- Design and implement communication strategies that fit around GESAC’s yearly objectives. This should include in particular:
- Writing and editing communication material: brochures, infographics, press releases, newsletters, blogs, position papers, etc.;
- Developing and maintaining contact with the EU press, and creating press coverage opportunities;
- Raising GESAC’s online presence, particularly on social media;
- Managing authorsocieties.eu.
- Manage and monitor the work of GESAC’s Public Affairs and Communication Committee (committee of experts from GESAC member societies);
- Participate in and follow-up on GESAC’s public affairs and advocacy activities and represent GESAC externally as needed;
- Contribute to the organisation of online events at EU level (conferences, artistic events, etc.).
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree in a relevant field: communications/EU studies/political science/journalism/law/copyright/digital content economy;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in communication/advocacy/policy in EU affairs;
- Native level English writing skills and excellent editorial skills (fluency in one or more other EU languages is an advantage) with ability to adapt styles to suit different audiences and media;
- Organised, creative, self-motivated, proactive, able to work with tight deadlines while having a strong eye for detail, and ready to take on responsibilities and propose new ideas;
- Strong interpersonal skills, at ease with working in a team and also independently, aware of cultural sensibilities;
- Excellent command of Office programmes, database and website management, analytics, social media and graphic design tools.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Conditions: Full time CDI Belgian contract, an attractive remuneration package, a friendly, professional and an international working environment
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com to the attention of Véronique Desbrosses, General Manager. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, so no phone calls would be needed.
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2022. We encourage potential candidates to send in their application as soon as possible.
About GESAC: GESAC stands for European Grouping of Societies of Authors and Composers (or Groupement Européen des Sociétés d’Auteurs et Compositeurs) and comprises 32 authors’ societies from all over Europe. Together, we represent over one million creators and rightsholders – from songwriters and composers to writers, visual artists to film directors and many more, in the areas of musical, audiovisual, visual arts, and literary and dramatic works. Authors’ societies are the vital link between creators and the users of their works, and we represent their best interests in the European policy arena. Click here for more information about GESAC.