GESAC is looking for a Communications Manager
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this role and wish them all the best for the future.
Read the full job description below.
- Design and implement innovative communication strategies that fit around GESAC’s yearly objectives. This should include in particular:
- Writing and editing communication material: brochures, infographics, press releases, newsletters, blogs, position papers, etc.;
- Developing and maintaining contact with the EU press, and creating speaking and interview opportunities;
- Managing www.authorsocieties.eu;
- Raising GESAC’s online presence, particularly on social media;
- Coordinate and facilitate the work of GESAC’s Public Affairs and Communication Committee (committee of experts from GESAC member societies);
- Contribute to the organisation of online events at EU level (conferences, artistic events, etc.);
- Participate in GESAC’s public affairs activities and represent GESAC externally as needed;
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree in a relevant field: communications/journalism/EU affairs, with minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in copyright/culture/digital content economy at EU level;
- Organised, creative, self-motivated, proactive, able to work with tight deadlines while having a strong eye for detail, and ready to take on responsibilities and propose new ideas;
- Strong interpersonal skills, at ease in a leadership role, aware of cultural sensibilities;
- Native level English writing skills and excellent editorial skills (fluency in one or more other EU languages is an advantage) with ability to adapt styles to suit different audiences and media;
- IT skills: Office, database and website management, mailing, analytics and graphic design tools.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Véronique Desbrosses, General Manager. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Deadline for applications: 4 July 2021. We are looking to recruit quickly and therefore encourage potential candidates to send in their application as soon as possible.
Job Category: Communication Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Dependant on experience