Cross-Border Portability Regulation
On 7 February 2017, the European institutions reached a deal over a final text for the Cross-Border Portability Regulation which addresses accessing subscription services while abroad.
The regulation will not directly affect the music sector (strongly represented within GESAC), which has been providing multi-territorial licenses, including portability, for many years. However, GESAC welcomes all initiatives that enable consumers to access more content more easily, within a clear legal framework that ensures a fair deal for all parties involved.
All our policies
- The Copyright Directive
- Transfer of Value – How Article 17 levels the playing field
- The Broadcasting Directive
- Cross-Border Portability Regulation
- The CRM Directive
- The Resale Right Directive
- Buy-out contracts: a dangerous threat to European creators
- Authors’ societies & the collective management model
- Private copying compensation
- Authors’ societies respond to COVID-19